The introduction thread!

This forum is for newcomers to say hello, chat and get used to the forum's rules and how it works, before being set loose on the rest of the forum!
carlcaulkett

Re: The introduction thread!

Post by carlcaulkett »

Steve Smith wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:12 am
Flash core or schranz/hard techno.
I like a bit of minimal techno, Richie Hawtin type of thing, but those were new sub-genres on me.

I'm now relaxing to the blissful tones of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8k2-7MNcFA though I may have to bail out before it ends 😉

I found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzWlvqlz_xQ as an example of flashcore. It's also quite frenetic, isn't it 😮

Back to waiting for the #RussiaReport...

Steve Smith

Post by Steve Smith »

Yes, frenetic is a good description. Freak, as a dj, always plays the fastest and most extreme versions of a genere. Usually its a bit more listenable and more psychedelic.

(Fun fact, Freak done a release for a label I used to run a few years ago. He is one cool but mysterious guy. Everything I known about him came from people who had actually met him in the 90's. 🤣🤣🤣)

As mental as that example is, I'm sitting chilling to it haha.

BrownDoff

Post by BrownDoff »

Hello all

Looking good so far but disappointed to note that Firefox picks up a Facebook tracker on the main site.

voice britannia

Post by voice britannia »

BrownDoff wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:01 pm
Hello all

Looking good so far but disappointed to note that Firefox picks up a Facebook tracker on the main site.
Fair comment, well, kinda. The site has Facebook comments and the ability to share to Facebook on every comment, I believe we had to create our own "Facebook app" for this purpose, but other than allowing us to use services they are used for absolutely nothing else.

If the facebook bits really weird you out (and your on firefox) consider installing a plugin like this, then you can block them all as you see them. All we ask is that you reserve disappointment for bad content :D :lol:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fa ... k-tracking

If anyone has issues with any elements of the sites design, we are here to help and to make the user experience better. Contact us at info@voicebritannia.co.uk with any site feedback.

BrownDoff

Post by BrownDoff »

I've already got all the privacy extensions - I guess Zuck requires that you use their buttons/APIs for access.

John Traynor

Post by John Traynor »

I'm John Traynor.

I write the Ducksoap blog.

In the late 1980s I was briefly in the RCP.

The first single I bought was Into The Valley.

I work at Hermes.

Steve Smith

Post by Steve Smith »

RCP?

John Traynor

Post by John Traynor »

Steve Smith wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:11 pm
RCP?
Revolutionary Communist Party.

DonnaTeata

The introduction thread

Post by DonnaTeata »

I dont understand the crew thing with new skills.. Had 778k crew exp so i just keept clicking on every skill and i dont understand what ive even done.... Can someone explain me?

Thomaston

-

Post by Thomaston »

Try it and enjoy as it says if they run off and act selfish they will be killed. These events have been improving and getting more fun over the years. If any of you remember KARL  so fun and simple.