Todays regional breakdown looks deceptively optimistic. While we can see drops to the overall R number in many areas, the potential ranges of R have grown.
UK regional R number’s as of 16th Septemer 2020 as modelled by CMMID.
Wales continues to have the highest R number of all UK areas. The Welsh government today announced that Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil, Newport and Blaenau Gwen will all be placed under local lockdown in the hope they can slow infection rates.
UK Regional R number breakdown.
- East of England – R 0.77 (0.46 – 1.08)
- London – R 0.94 (0.6 – 1.15)
- North East – R 0.86 (0.5 – 1.32)
- North West – R 0.96 (0.53 – 1.36)
- Northern Ireland – R 1.13 (0.63 – 1.49)
- Scotland – R 1.18 (1.04 – 1.29)
- South East – R 0.68 (0.31 – 1.03)
- South West – R 1.01 (0.73 – 1.16)
- Wales – R 1.3 (0.75 – 1.82)
- Yorkshire and the Humber – R 0.84 (0.43 – 1.22)
It was announced today by Nicola Sturgeon that her cabinet will meet tommorow and have been told to be ready to make a decision on further restrictions such as a second lockdown.
Sturgeon said that following her cabinets decision tommorow the Scots Government will give the Westminster government time to act with then, But the First Minister made it clear the Scottish Government would not wait long and is again ready to act to protect Scotland against the second COVID-19 wave.
Help Voice Britannia continue to post free news every single day.
Click here to donate!